ura town with cement factory.
Pampa Cañahuas and Pampa de Arrieros : vicuñas and view of the backside of the Misti.
Viscachani , stop to drink a coca tea, which is good for the altitude.
Bofedales de Toccra natural rock formations. Alpacas, llamas and lagoons with several bird species, sometimes flamingos can be seen.
- Crater of Chucura and permanent ice.
- The Mirador of the Andes (4800m) is the highest point of this trip. At this place there is a stop to appreciate the volcanic and desertic area. The volcanoes you can see from here are Misti, Chachani, Sabancaya (active), Ubinas, Mismi, Hualca Hualca and Ampato (all around 6000m).
- Chila mountains or Cordillera de Chila: On the Mismi, part of the Cordillera de Chila, the Monigote river begins, which is the origin of the Amazon river. Arrival in the town Chivay in the afternoon. Accommodation in the hotel and lunch.
- Hot springs of la Calera in the afternoon. Optionally you can walk around.
- Folkloric show in the evening.
06.00AM CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL.
Cruz del condor where you can appreciate the flight of the condors. Also the impressive geographical scene, created by the Colca river can be admired. After approximately one hour, the tour will come back to Chivay stopping in the typical villages of:
Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque.
- Miradores of Chocotetico and Antahuilque where the stone mock ups can be seen that Collaguas people have used to test which parts of the canyon are suitable for cultivation. This is a good place to appreciate the andean valley of the Colca.
- Hanging pre-Inca tombs.
- Lunch in the village of Chivay and return to Arequipa. Arrive 5:00 pm